Today's session will be about 'Uncovering the Real You!' & then of course, if you are staying for the second part of the lecture the topic will be 'How To Be a Successful Buissnessperson'.
JUST KIDDING. Thank goodness, I hope my blogs aren't that boring... or intimidating.
I'd like to write a bit about embarrassing moments & guilty pleasures. (That is of course, if you want to read about them.) Everyone has had at least one 'embarrassing moment' in their life, & some people may have had many more. Here are some of the common ones that I've heard of recently:
- Your mum 'accidentally' honking the horn as she drops you off in front of some of the hottest guys/gals you know. Cringe!
- You tripping over and flashing those gorgeous Betty Boop undies. >.<
- Tripping, in general.
- Walking into something... like a bin, for instance can be extremely embarrassing.
- Calling your 'mono-browed-not-so-crash-hot-fuddy-duddy-you're-wearing-the-wrong-sized-bra' graphics teacher 'Mum'.
- Being caught out with your pants down. (Who knows what you were up to... Well, actually, now all of Facebook knows...)
To prove my ingenious thesis, I will let you all have a giggle over a recent 'that-just-made-me-wanna-die' moment of mine. Not that it was entirely my fault. So, I had a bit of a birthday bash and my bestie decided she would drag all of the party goers to the local supermarket and buy me some not-so-desirable items... I wont go into the gruesome details. It was a bit of a joke, but the cashier wasn't really laughing... He (who I might add, knows me & is well... quite remarkably good-looking) just proceeded with the transaction rather awkwardly. :\
Have a laugh. I didn't. Not at the time. But really, WHO CARES! You obviously can't hide your face forever. So forget about it. Pretend it never happened. Make a joke about it. Talk about it. Or don't. But whatever you do don't hold a grudge. Life is too short.
Onto the second, slightly related, topic for this post: Guilty Pleasures.
These can be quite embarrassing (almost as bad as calling your teacher Mum) & often tell you a lot about a person. They can be personal, or just plain silly. Everyone has a few. Some more than others, depending on how private or confident they are. I would like to share a few of my own, just for a giggle.
My Top 5 Guilty Pleasures:
- Singing & Dancing in the shower
- Procedural Cop Shows
- The Jonas Brothers
- Drinking water straight out of the bottle in the fridge.
There we go. Everyone has 'em. Everyone is ashamed of 'em. Sorta like pimples or toe fungus... Well anyways I think I have a thumb cramp...