Monday, December 13, 2010

Guilty Pleasures.

Well, hello there!
Today's session will be about 'Uncovering the Real You!' & then of course, if you are staying for the second part of the lecture the topic will be 'How To Be a Successful Buissnessperson'.

JUST KIDDING. Thank goodness, I hope my blogs aren't that boring... or intimidating.

I'd like to write a bit about embarrassing moments & guilty pleasures. (That is of course, if you want to read about them.) Everyone has had at least one 'embarrassing moment' in their life, & some people may have had many more. Here are some of the common ones that I've heard of recently:
  • Your mum 'accidentally' honking the horn as she drops you off in front of some of the hottest guys/gals you know. Cringe!
  • You tripping over and flashing those gorgeous Betty Boop undies. >.<
  • Tripping, in general.
  • Walking into something... like a bin, for instance can be extremely embarrassing.
  • Calling your 'mono-browed-not-so-crash-hot-fuddy-duddy-you're-wearing-the-wrong-sized-bra' graphics teacher 'Mum'.
  • Being caught out with your pants down. (Who knows what you were up to... Well, actually, now all of Facebook knows...)
Yeah, you may have laughed at a few of these (don't feel guilty) & that's good because laughter, as everyone knows, is the best medicine. Sure, this sort of incident may make you want to crawl under a rock for the rest of your life, but try not to let it. It's okay to feel down for a little while, but don't let it affect you forever! Get over it, move on & believe me when I say that it is NOT the end of the world.
To prove my ingenious thesis, I will let you all have a giggle over a recent 'that-just-made-me-wanna-die' moment of mine. Not that it was entirely my fault. So, I had a bit of a birthday bash and my bestie decided she would drag all of the party goers to the local supermarket and buy me some not-so-desirable items... I wont go into the gruesome details. It was a bit of a joke, but the cashier wasn't really laughing... He (who I might add, knows me & is well... quite remarkably good-looking) just proceeded with the transaction rather awkwardly. :\
Have a laugh. I didn't. Not at the time. But really, WHO CARES! You obviously can't hide your face forever. So forget about it. Pretend it never happened. Make a joke about it. Talk about it. Or don't. But whatever you do don't hold a grudge. Life is too short.

Onto the second, slightly related, topic for this post: Guilty Pleasures.
These can be quite embarrassing (almost as bad as calling your teacher Mum) & often tell you a lot about a person. They can be personal, or just plain silly. Everyone has a few. Some more than others, depending on how private or confident they are. I would like to share a few of my own, just for a giggle.
Enjoy.

My Top 5 Guilty Pleasures:
  • Twilight.
Yes, I got sucked into the fang-demonium, a cult which fangs on and doesn't let go until it's bled you dry. I own all of the novels & more. I'm a bit of a twi-hard when it comes to Twilight paraphernalia. I've got magazines, posters, key rings, badges, bags, the list goes on... I wont bore you.
  • Singing & Dancing in the shower
Yep. I sing, at the top of my lungs and yep, I dance. In the shower. Nuff' said?
  • Procedural Cop Shows
I know they are all the same. I know they take more notice of the relationships between the characters than the actual work behind finding the bad guy. I know they're predictable & I know they are really, really bad representations of reality. But I love them! The tension, the drama, the characters, the blood & gore, the clues, the mystery & intrigue!!! I must say, I'm a sucker for a guy who knows how to handle a gun. :)
  • The Jonas Brothers
I'm sorry, really, really, REALLY, sorry. But they're kinda cute. And they sing in harmony... & they wear vests... & they know how to colour code. Again, sorry guys.
  • Drinking water straight out of the bottle in the fridge.
Sorry Mum, sorry Dad. If you guys knew I did this secretly, when you're out, or not looking, you'd kill me. But it's soooo far to cupboard to get a glass & at least I'm reducing the amount of washing up we have to do... & I admit. It makes me feel a little bit rebel. :)

There we go. Everyone has 'em. Everyone is ashamed of 'em. Sorta like pimples or toe fungus... Well anyways I think I have a thumb cramp...

Keep Laughing!
~C

No comments:

Post a Comment