Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome!

Well, hello there. :)
Welcome to my blog. This is my first ever entry, so lets see how I go...

Recently I have realised something, you may call this realisation an epiphany: Family is the most important thing you could ever have. Now, 'family' comes in a lot of different shapes & sizes (especially in this day & age) but whatever your 'family' may look like on the outside, essentially they all love you unconditionally, on the inside. Families can be easy to deal with or very, very hard to handle. Whatever you do, make sure that you make time for your family. Time, is hard. Harder than family, harder than that physics exam or the 10,000 word term paper on the logistics of ancient society.
:\ Scary.
People, I have also realised, are all brilliant at one thing, making excuses. From the common, "I've just been too busy lately!", to the not so common, "Four of my eight cats have had conjunctivitis in the past month!", everyone can automatically regurgitate responses that rid them of responsibility. Excuses are silly. So what, you've been working the late shift & haven't been able to drop a line to the parentals. They want to know how you are. And DON'T dribble that self-effacing crap about 'not wanting to bother them!' Family love you. Sure, your sister might burn the Christmas roast chatting away to you on the phone, but she'd rather get a fresh & friendly update than eat a 'still-pink-in-the-middle-almost-raw' chook.
Believe me.

Forget about the fights between you & your little annoying brother or the misunderstandings between you & your favourite cousin. Call them. Drop in on their doorstep. Text them. Talk to them. Tell them you love them. And (sorry to be a bit on the negatory... but) make sure they know you appreciate them before it's too late.

~C

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Carman. I love the message of this post. It's really inspired me to be more grateful of my family. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete