Saturday, December 18, 2010

Libraries... :)

... are cool !


Seriously. I LOVE libraries. I don't know whether it's the mood, the smell, the peacefulness, the books or the comfy chairs, but I'm thinking it's a combination of all of these things that makes me love them. Big libraries are the best, where there are lots of little hidy-holes & nooks to curl up in. Of course libraries have changed a lot in the last decade. Now they have computer hubs with Internet, or some might have wireless for your convenience. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that we've got to move with the times & updating & upgrading is wonderful but I like how libraries used to be. I like the past in general, you can learn so much from it.


That's part of the reason I like libraries. Of course, it's also because I love reading... & that's what usually takes place in a library. :)


Just knowing that all around you, filling the shelves is information. Whether it be fact or fiction, reality or fantasy or past, present of future. It's all relevant. Just because a particular section might not appeal to you, it will to someone else. I can guarantee. Every single book in a library will be loved or just simply read and enjoyed by someone, somewhere along the line. As they say: one man's trash is another man's treasure.


I find libraries inspiring; because of the pure information they contain, because of the quiet, peaceful, reassuring safety they communicate, because of the interesting people that you meet there with interesting points of view (I don't know about you but I could discuss my favourite books for hours), because of they way that you can lost time with your head in a book, or just wandering the isles & because of what you can discover & learn.


Here's an inspiration & a half...

The Kansas City Library, USA.
(http://unusual-architecture.com/kansas-city-public-library-missouri-usa/)

How amazing. I would really like to visit The Kansas City Library someday... :)
(http://www.photographymojo.com/2010/02/bizarre-buildings-pictures-yes-they-are-real/)
~C

No comments:

Post a Comment